Tarbotton Land & Civil
It all started back in 1990 with Stuart Tarbotton and one digger. In the years since, Tarbotton Land & Civil has grown to include the whole family, plus a team of 40 or so dedicated staff. But one thing hasn’t changed - our commitment to putting in the hard yards for our clients, whatever the job may be. We'll never compromise on our high level of service, quality and accuracy, and we always deliver on our promises.
About the Job
Tarbotton Land & Civil are actively seeking an experienced Civil Estimator / Contracts Manager to start immediately in our Ashburton base. As a Civil Estimator / Contracts Manager, you will play a key role in our 'Done Right' approach to delivering every project big or small.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and interpreting contract requirements and plans
- Estimating, quoting & pricing projects from first principles
- Project planning & management
- Quality assurance
- Strategic business development and relationship building with key clients
- Liaising with clients, operators and other senior team members
You will be fit, healthy and commit to being a punctual and honest team player who will help deliver the right outcome the first time round.
Skills You Will Need
- Experience in civil estimating, quoting and tendering (from first principles)
- Sound ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Good written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Contractual knowledge of NZS 3910 & 3915
- A good attitude towards health and safety
- A high attention to detail
- Experience managing civil projects (e.g. bulk earthworks and subdivisions)
Skills Desired But Not Essential
- Experience operating machinery on civil projects
- Ability to think outside the box and provide innovative solutions
- Experience using CAD software and RAMM
- Experience using survey equipment
What's In It For You?
As a team player of Tarbotton Land & Civil, you can expect a competitive employment package, a positive and safe working environment, ongoing training and development, along with access to modern fleet and facilities. A company vehicle and phone will be provided. Above all else, you will experience first-hand working with a team of 40+ people who love what they do and come together to deliver successful outcomes.
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.
Tarbotton Land & Civil is committed to a drug-free workplace. A negative drug test result will be a condition of any offer of employment.
Are you interested in working for Tarbotton Land & Civil? Please apply online by completing the form below and uploading your CV.
Apply for job
Get your project Done Right
The road to success is never straightforward. That's why we explore every angle of a project upfront to ensure it runs smoothly and efficiently. Because for us, being the best isn’t about getting it done fastest, or cheapest. It’s about getting it Done Right for you.